Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2007 Winner!


Well, it's now officially NaNoWriMo-fficial. I added a thirty-fourth chapter to wrap up the novel, more or less. I finished with a whopping 53,520 words.
I spent a few minutes encrypting the novel before sending it off for verification. Encryption is supposed to protect me so that I don't have to worry about the novel being stolen, edited, and published by someone other than myself, but really, it's to protect any would-be theives from hours of reading mind-numbing drivel that poured from my fingertips this noveling season. The amazing word-counting elves did their job in nanoseconds and confirmed that I have more than 50k words. My profile page suddenly contained a link to a beautiful yellow .pdf file that contains my winner's certificate, which I will proudly print and include in the binder with my printed novel - all 193 pages of it (double spaced, Bookman Old Style, 11 point, with a title page).
The bar is now purple and it says "Winner" across it. If only it were this easy to get confirmation of non-loser status in other areas of life... :)
Once again, I am a novelist! Whoo-hoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! Jennifer and Sarah were both mad at me because I did not come to work today bragging about finishing. I think that has something to do with me hating my novel and therefore not feeling like a winner because I distinctly remember not being able to wait to tell everyone at FSCS when I won.

I shopped (window only though) for new earrings because now that you pointed it out, I don't like the new diamond with the little white gold balls.