Monday, November 26, 2007

50k!

So, I got there a week ago today and haven't written anything since then. I've reached the word count but not finished the story, so I still have some writing to do this week. I've already written one chapter as an outline, and may have to do that for a few more so at least the story lines are tied together. It's always interesting to read novels that are written as outlines instead of stories, right?

But I still don't like this year's novel as well as last year's. Have you ever heard someone ask a published author which of their books is their favorite? and they usually answer by saying that it's like asking a parent which kid is their favorite? I totally don't believe that. It's complete crap.

Maybe I'll actually finish the novel tomorrow... I still don't think I'll like it any better than last year's, but you never know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if all your novels are good it's hard to pick and choose between them. 2004 had potential albeit not very good potential; 2006 had no potential whatsoever; 2007 had even less than 2006. 2005 on the other hand is by far my favorite and unless I come up with an absolutely brilliant story idea in the coming years will more than likely remain so. :)

Angel K said...

So, you think the comparison to choosing your favorite child is complete BS, too, eh?

Anonymous said...

total and utter BS, yes!