Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hard to check out books...

So, if you check out a large print book from the library, is that like stealing the handicapped parking spot? I promise to read and return the book quickly - maybe even by tomorrow...

I started grabbing the next set of Evanovich mysteries that I needed and realized that Hard Eight was missing. I can't check out Nine and Ten without reading Eight. I checked the computer to find that my library has two copies and both were checked out; one is overdue. But the large print edition was in. So, I found that and checked it out. While the crime solving aspect of Stephanie Plum's job is rarely chronological, her ongoings with Morelli and/ Ranger most certainly are!

I feel guilty for taking the large print book. But I'd feel worse if I skipped Eight and continued with the series...

4 comments:

Me said...

I *have* to read a series in order! Don't feel guilty - just return the book soon... -Kris

Angel K said...

Yep - finished the book last night and I promise to return it before the rest of today's adventures take me further from the library!

Anonymous said...

You definitely can't read the Morelli/Ranger adventures out of order! :)

Angel K said...

That's what I thought! I'd hate to spoil that. I was really concerned when they were engaged in book six or seven. (The disadvantage of reading so quickly - I retain virtually nothing, but I'm entertained at the time.)