Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3

Started out on track - over 2000 words on the first night with a decently written prologue and a first chapter of write-to-get-to-know-your-character drivel. By the end of the first chapter, the FMC was showing serious signs of being agoraphobic. Damn.

(And yes, I looked up 'agoraphobia' to make sure I was using the correct word after accidentally mistaking narcolepsy and necrophilia in another novel. Oops.)

On October 13, 2012, I figured out the problem with my first novel attempt in 2004. The MC never went anywhere or talked to anyone. "Get them out of the house! Make them interact with other people! Things will happen! Dialogue will happen!" Duh.

And here it was, seven novels and two weeks after that piece of advice, and I had done the same stupid thing to my MC. Ugh.

But it's okay. Her computer crashed - the BSoD! - and she knows nothing about how to buy computers. So she has to get out of the house to buy a new one and take someone with her who knows something. Whew.

5221 words.
+220 for today.

No comments: