Saturday, October 27, 2012

4 more days!

I've spent way too much time this weekend on Nano-prep, and I'm totally geeked about it! 
That work stuff will happen tomorrow. That Christmas-present-making thing will happen when I need to step away from the computer and think during November. 

I have index cards on my chapter, character, places, and research board in Scrivener! 
chapters: potentially 9, which will hopefully expand into more as I start to write. In 2008, I had planned to have the MCs on the cruise ship by Chapter 3, and I don't think they got there until Chapter 14. 
characters: 11 who will feature in the novel, plus an assortment of 17 other minor characters if they need to be thrown in 
places: 3 actual and 1 fictional town that I added to the UP, between Thompson and Manistique, in case you wanted to look for the place where you will not find it if on a UP map. 
research: Menominee language, legends, and mythological figures

I have no idea how to make my own wallpaper, but I might have to. The ones I've found this year don't really fit my style or novel. (Why would they? These people don't know me. I don't blame them. Really.)

Off to search for pictures... 
and not write some more. 
I promise. 
No sentences until Thursday! 



No comments: